Thursday 31 October 2013

Rough Guide: "More Women Travel" | Miranda Davies and Natalia Jansz


Like a lot of people, I seem to have an ever-growing list of dream holiday/travelling destinations. At the minute though, my student budget is hardly accommodating! Next on my must-visit list include Croatia, Barcelona and Hong Kong.

As I'm living abroad this year too, Mum gave me a Rough Guide book called “More Women Travel”, a comprehensive collection of women’s accounts of their travels to different places across the globe. I love hearing about other people’s experiences of different countries, where they’d recommend and things to see so this was right up my street as a bit of a change from my usual reading!

Obviously some accounts are better written and more vivid and detailed than others, but on the whole I liked the balance between cultural insights and hilarious or sometimes shocking anecdotes. It’s a little out of date now, but ladies, if you want to travel and find out more first-hand about different destinations, this is great - I particularly enjoyed the accounts of Thailand and Canada. It’s got me itching to go travelling next year!

I’d love to hear your opinions on travel writing! Which destinations are top of your list?

Plitvice Lakes, Croatia www.justthetravel.com

Harbour Cruises
Hong Kong www.discoverhongkong.com
Barcelona www.travelwithscott.com

No comments:

Post a Comment